Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tumbler

I took the craziest spill on my way home from work tonight. It was epic. It all went down on an escalator, and despite the fact that my feet were firmly planted on the steps and my hand was tightly clutching the railing when I boarded, I somehow reached the bottom sprawled out on all fours, having narrowly avoided bringing a gaggle of very surprised middle-aged women along with me for the ride. I've now got bruises on my legs (and ego) that are similar in size and orientation to a series of Caribbean islands.

Honestly, my life is like a perpetual episode of America's Funniest Home Videos - a never-ending series of 30 second clips that involve me repeatedly falling down or getting hit in the head in excruciatingly predictable ways. It's funny to a certain point, but after a while I find myself wishing I could change the channel to an MTV reality show where I make it to second base.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds like quite a spill.... sorry i missed it...

forget an MTV show... i'd want to change the channel to a schwartzenneger movie or something on HBO or AMC.....

Jeff said...

Yeah, you would have enjoyed my tumble.

You know, thinking about it now, I'd settle for changing the channel to anything that doesn't involve slapstick humour or have any kind of laugh track.