Monday, May 5, 2008

Facebook Farewell

I quitted Facebook over the weekend. You know, when I see the word 'quitted', I instantly think of the word 'shitted'. I shitted Facebook over the weekend.

Okay, let's try this again... I left Facebook over the weekend. I removed all my "friends", deleted the posts on my wall and my profile picture, and then deactivated my account. The entire process took an embarassingly brief amount of time to complete - mainly because I only had a handful of "friends" and a whopping grand total of 2 posts on my wall.

If anybody were to ask why I shutdown my Facebook account, I'd probably spew some CIA data-mining conspiracy bullshit, but the reality is that the social networking revolution hasn't really done much for me (apart from allowing me to stay current with the vacation photos of former coworkers that I hardly know but who were too polite not to add me). And then when I realized that I could start saying "I shitted Facebook", it was a done deal.

So long, Web 2.0!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't even notice that you'd closed your account...

Jeff said...

Ha - exactly my point.