Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Got Caught Picking My Nose

I totally got caught picking my nose yesterday. I was at my desk, minding my own business, when a particularly large and crusty booger that was hiding out in an upper cavity of my right nostril started driving me completely insane. So naturally, my finger was in there about halfway to the second knuckle and I was just starting to get a good hold on the offending nugget, when my boss happened to walk right by. And I was so busted, so totally caught red-handed, that there was really no way for me to pretend that I didn't have my finger lodged nearly two knuckles deep into my nose, or even try and come up with an excuse. So I just sort of shrugged and then kept on picking away.

And that's kind of sad - this type of shit happens to me so regularly that I'm becoming completely desensitized to situations where I'm being gross. I have a feeling that my performance review is going to be pretty surreal this year.

No comments: