Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Nerd Burdened...

Not long ago I awoke to the stinging realization that I am not popular, that I have the fashion-sense of a blind hobo, and that I am probably the clumsiest person on the planet. For a quarter-century I had somehow managed to live in the delusion that I was somewhat normal, only to have recently discovered that my mother was lying to me when she always used to assure me that I was “cool”. You see, my passions include math, physics, computers, horror movies, heavy metal, video games... and pretty much anything else that will forever ruin my chances at getting laid. Truth is, I am a raging nerd. Welcome to my blog.

I've seen other "nerd blogs" on the internet, but those generally all fail to accurately capture the struggles of nerdkind. Not here, friends. This blog is intended to serve as a warning to others and as a coping mechanism for me. Feel free to drop me an email or to leave comments.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

for weeks you keep telling me to come check out your blog... and for weeks there's nothing there... and then you finally put something up... and this is it??? coping with nerdiness?

i'm embarrased by association.

Jeff said...

Whatever - this is one of those eye-opening, brutally-honest type of blogs. We're big nerds, and that is what you should be embarassed about, not some website.

Anonymous said...

"we"?? no way man, this is ALL you... i can't believe you even registered a domain and everything...

while it is true that you are a big nerd and kind of a douche sometimes... i on the other hand am very, very cool. but i wouldn't expect a nerd like you to properly appreciate my coolness.

Jeff said...

In your dreams.

Anonymous said...

your mom is in my dreams.....

Jeff said...

Your comment about my mother is only disturbing because you're such a chronic masturbator. And a big nerd.